Sunday, April 15, 2012

CDG to La Defense 120E

(I didn%26#39;t know if I should add this to another post)



My five year old daughter and I are visiting Paris this month and have been quoted 120 euro (roundtrip) to get from the airport to La Defense. This seems quite steep considering our Thalys round trip to Amsterdam is 10 more euros. At the same time taking the RER and metro seems daunting with our gear, etc. Is this a reasonable amount?



Thank you for answering this same sort of question for the zillionth time! :)




|||



Last time I knew anyone who did this route by taxi it was about 60 euro one way from the airport to La Déf.





It costs me about 30 euro from CdG to the 20th in the east of Paris (much nearer the airport) so, if the is the %26quot;there and back%26quot; price it seems ok.




|||



It seems a little steep and you could probably do better just getting in a taxi at the door.




|||



Sounds expensive to me, but if you%26#39;re talking about a taxi it could be right. There are minivan shuttle services that are a lot cheaper. World Shuttle (Tel. +33-1-46.80.14.67) advertises rates of 14-23 euro for a one-way trip from the Paris airports to the city centre; Paris Shuttle (http://www.parishuttle.com/ ) and Airport Shuttle (http://www.airport-shuttle.com/ ) ask 19-25 euro.





La Défense isn%26#39;t really %26quot;city centre%26quot; (and you don%26#39;t mention which airport you%26#39;re talking about - there are several) so maybe you should just ask them..?




|||



It costs me 8 euro when I take the RER/metro combo.




|||



I checked out the Parishuttle and it was %26#39;only%26#39; 76e to La Defense. That is a lot better. Thank you.


I would take the bus or RER if it was just me, but for my first time to Paris with a 5 year old, I want to keep it simple.




|||



No need to justify Pixiex, you made your reasons clear in yoour opening post.




|||



As a regular user of taxi on this route I confirm that the trip should not cost more than 50-55e. I wouldn%26#39;t advise the metro/RER opion with a 5 yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment