Sunday, April 15, 2012

March 8th GTG Roll Call!

Bonjour!


Come one, come all to the great TA Paris meet up! If you are in town on March 8th and interested in meeting some fellow travellers over lunch, simply RSVP to this thread before Sunday, February 26 or email me at thatgirldina@yahoo.com.



When: Wednesday, March 8th @ 12:00pm



Where: Le Caveau de l%26#39;Isle


36 rue Saint Louis en l%26#39;Isle 4e arr, Paris


Metro- Pont Marie (closer) or St Paul


Open everyday for lunch and dinner


www.lecaveaudelisle.com




|||



2 of us - Kathy and Sally...




|||



Noon, what a pitty, I%26#39;ll be at work...




|||



Oh Kasthor, I really wish you could make it. You will be missed. I would have loved to have met you in person.





So far, we have myself, Kathy and Sally. I hope foolishtraveler joins in the fun. Maybe if we keep this thread on the front page we%26#39;ll get a few more responses...




|||



Hey thatgirldina ---



I%26#39;m sure you are soooo stoked about your trip. I just booked my tix today, and as it happens one of my girlfriends has decided to come along with me because I was making it sound like such fun!!!!



I wish we were going to be there the same time as you, but we will just have to take care of Paris in APRIL when we are there :)



I%26#39;m so excited that I can%26#39;t stand myself.



Have you made your reservations for Tea at the Ritz yet?



I%26#39;m so excited and can%26#39;t wait for you to tell all the dirt when you get back!!



Viva La FRANCE!




|||



Hi Cleo! How exciting that you found a travel companion! I%26#39;m still going solo this trip, but not nearly as nervous as I once was, thanks to all the help I%26#39;ve received from TA and Fodors. I%26#39;m counting the days now...only 7 more! EEEeeeeeee!!!!




|||



Oh, and I did confirm my reservation for tea at the Ritz on March 5th. I know it%26#39;s a sore spot on this and many other boards, but I have absolutely NO idea what to wear. I%26#39;m sure I will be just fine once I am there and all this over-analyzing will have been for nothing, but I would hate to not only be solo, but a serious fashion eyesore. haha!





I think I just hijacked my own thread. Sorry. I%26#39;m having a really hard time containing my excitement these days. Back to our regularly scheduled roll call....




|||



LOL! I was going by myself and glad about it! There are no worries about traveling alone; it%26#39;s actually my preference. I guess that%26#39;s what happens when you open up your mouth and make things sound too fun! It%26#39;s ok though, cause she%26#39;s cool and we have traveled many places together before. PLUS, we are going to Ireland later on at the end of this year, so we will see how we travel Internationally together!!



Have the BESTEST TIME! HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.




|||



GOOD! I%26#39;m glad you have booked your reservations. I know everybody has their own school of thought about attire. Keep it simple, go with items that make YOU look nice and accessorize w/a nice scarf or pretty necklace and earrings. I love clothes and have tons of them, but I always try to keep it simple; plus, I am real tall, so I can sometimes get away with stuff that some people can%26#39;t (thank goodness, never thought I%26#39;d be happy to be 5%26#39;11%26quot; =)



You are going to have a blast!




|||



I arrive that day in the morning so not sure how I will feel but will try to come....my name is Purvi




|||



Hi Purvi! I%26#39;m going to count you in. I hope you%26#39;ll be up to it. We%26#39;d love to have you.





Thanks for the fashion advice Cleo. I too usually try to stick to basics and dress up an outfit with nice jewelry or a great handbag/shoes. At 5%26#39;11%26#39;, you are really statuesque! I envy you. I%26#39;m 5%26#39;8%26#39; and always wanted to be taller!

No comments:

Post a Comment