Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trip from Paris to Nice

Can anyone tell me if I can get train tickets from Paris to Nice when I get to Paris or should I try to buy them on line before I go.Is it cheaper if I buy them in Paris? I am planning to go to Paris in July. Also, does anyone know a restaurant to have good Coquilles St. Jacques in Paris? Thanks






|||



The earlier the better: if you book now for June, flying will be almost as cheap as the train. For a return flight: www.airfrance.fr; for one way only: www.easyjet.fr. The train is 5 to 6 hours, but it%26#39;s a 50 mn flight.




|||



We are taking the IDTGV train to Nice in July but so far have not been able to purchase the tickets on line. As of today, you can only purchase up until June 22. You have your choice on this train as to what type of atmosphere you want, with or without children, which is quiet or noisy. We are taking the train so we can relax and see the scenery rather than fly. My understanding is that the sooner you purchase the tickets, the cheaper they are. July is during the french vacation period and the tickets on the train will probably go quickly. Therefore, I check daily to see if I can purchase our tickets. The website is www.idtgv.com/design/BR/homepage_br.htm






|||



Unless you are really interested in a train excursion, I strongly recommend taking EasyJet.





My wife and I spent $50 each for one way tickets from Paris/Orly to Nice, the easiest trip you can imagine. Buying our open jaw ticket from Boston to Paris and returning Nice to Boston allowed us to add an extra day of vacation, instead of blowing it as a travel day.




|||



Thanks for the replies. I am going to try to get a cheap flight with EasyJet.

No comments:

Post a Comment