Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hotel Leveque

I had requested accommodation at this hotel for June 19 %26amp; 20th. Because of the way the form is set up, I had a room for Feb 19 (although my emails said June 19 %26amp; 20th). Well I was in Canada Feb 19, not in Paris and did not see the confirmation. Called the hotel to explain and it fell on deaf ears! The Manager would not even answer the emails with his name. Buyers beware - they would not reverse the charge or reduce the room rate in June! Terrible customer service - I recommend to everyone to take their business somewhere else!!!!






|||



I stayed at the Gran Leveque 5 or 6



years ago. It was a bit shabby then.



The noise of Rue Cler made it necessary



to awaken about 5AM whether you intended



to do so or not.




|||



I hear it%26#39;s been renovated recently and some like it quite a lot...It is on Rue Cler above some of the shops and I suppose if you had a room on the front with the windows open you%26#39;d hear the trucks early in the AM as they arrive to make their deliveries...this is not a problem unique to the Leveque..It%26#39;s actually one of Rick Steves%26#39;s favorite hotels ....Did you send your email again to the hotel and point out the dates you requested...What you say about the form vs. your emails is very vague to me..Would your credit card company, as mine does, investigate it as a disputed charge..That might lower your aggravation and get you some satisfaction in the way of a refund...




|||



I%26#39;m glad to hear it%26#39;s been renovated.



I stayed there 6 years ago on the recommendation



of Rick Steeves.





You don%26#39;t have to have your windows open



to hear the trucks and vendors setting up



at 5AM. This problem could be solved if you had a room on the top floor or in the back.



As a first time visitor to Paris in 2000



I didn%26#39;t know any better.





It was nice to walk out the front door and



immediately encounter cafes, pastry shops



fruit stands, boulangeries, a chocolate



shop, post office and many other vendors



and shops in a two block pedestrian only



area.

No comments:

Post a Comment