Saturday, April 21, 2012

I need the perfect SHOE for walking

I have a bad knee and I am looking for the #1 comfortable shoe to wear all week, any suggestions on a shoe and the knee if you have any thoughts! I%26#39;m also worried about the plane trip 8 hours.





Thanks




|||



I have a pair of Ecco%26#39;s which are quite comfortable. I buy my shoes at Step Ahead(I think they changed their name to Natural Comfort FootWear) or the Walking Company.





You do not say what ailment is your bad knee. Pain? Stiffness? Swelling? Arthritic? On the plane trip I suggest you extend and flex several times every couple of hours. It also helps to do knee bends in the aisle periodically during the flight.




|||



My friend swears by her Merrell%26#39;s (Primo Breeze style) and I just bought a pair for our upcoming trip. For our trip to Italy (warmer weather), I wore a pair of SAS duo sandals. They were wonderful. My husband has brought a knee brace on a few of our trips and worn it as needed. Good luck.




|||



Thank you thank you for your response. I am what I thought a very young 51 year old who spends (spent) most of her time on the the tennis court, skiing, snow and water. Now I have as you asked, all of the above and my Doctor says I%26#39;m to young for a new knee. I say.....my friends Mom of 72 has had a knee replacement and she is still playing tennis and happy as can be. So today shopping for things to wear I didn%26#39;t come across any shoes that felt really good on me. I have had a pair of Merrell sandals but not Eccos. A friend has a pair of Eccos golf shoes that she loves. Thanks again.




|||



Eccos are expensive but worth every cent. I used to work in a bookstore and was on my feet for 8 hours at a time. The Eccos were great. I have to say, though, I walked so much in Paris that my feet hurt even wearing such good shoes. Be prepared!




|||



Whichever walking shoe you choose



should have good support, be



comfortable and well broken in.





I choose from Ecco, Finn and Mephisto.





As a professional photographer I walk



8-10 miles a day when in Paris.





The last thing I need is problems



with my feet. Hasn%26#39;t happened



in my last five trips.




|||



Personally I had some boots hand made for me about 10 years ago. While they were the most expensive pair of footwear of I%26#39;ve ever bought, on an annual basis they are proving to be the most economical. (I%26#39;ve now had them resoled three times)





Because they were made to my foot shape they are the best thing I%26#39;ve got for walking!




|||



%26quot;The%26quot; shoe is different for each person...only way to tell is go try them on...I knew the very first time my shoe guy fitted me for my first Ecco that I had found %26quot;my%26quot; walking shoe. Never a breaking in period...felt like an old comfy shoe the minute I slipped it on.



This particular brand fits me perfectly.



My best friend has very narrow feet and Eccos just do not come in narrow width. Also European sizing and lasts.



She loves Easy Spirits.



Just go shopping and try the recommended brands and see what suits you...you will know immediately.




|||



Rieker and Mephisto shoes keep my feet energized all day. If you can%26#39;t find a good selection around you, you can order a selection (sizes, styles) from zappos.com - fast service, free returns, lots of reviews on the website to help you decide on models and even sizing. Also, even with the most comfortable shoes, it is best to not wear the same ones constantly. Switching back and forth helps your feet and the shoes.




|||



I had 3 ACL replacements by age 24, so I%26#39;m with you on knee pain that comes way too early in life. I wear my Keens or Danskos when walking great distances and tend to do okay as long as surfaces are even (which, of course, they%26#39;re not in Paris--cobblestone). Both of those brands can be found at Nordstrom or on Zappos.com, a fantastic shoe Web site.




|||



Unquestionably for me, the #1 comfort shoe is Mephisto, (made in France – this is the French forum). They are not inexpensive but they last for years and are very rugged. You may also send them back to the factory, in Sarrebourg, to be reconditioned and resoled. Mephisto makes a large range of models for men and women – all extremely comfortable. I have quite a few pairs of them, both for dress and casual wear, and can attest you will not find a better shoe anywhere (perhaps even more comfortable than a bespoke). There is no “break in” period; they should fit like slippers from the moment your foot first enters into the shoe. They are becoming more available in the US but may be purchased through out France (try the usual internet sources but selection is often limited). There is an outlet store next to the factory in Sarrebourg where one can find seconds and end of run stock at reduced prices. It%26#39;s worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment