Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Poitou-Charentes weather in October?

We%26#39;re thinking of staying in a holiday cottage near Saintes during October next year. Could anyone advise on the weather at this time of the year? We live in Sydney Australia and don%26#39;t really want to get it wrong! We%26#39;re just hoping for some sunshine and moderate temperatures for sightseeing.




|||



Dear Aussies,





I, an american, have lived in the Charente for over 9 years and have kept a weather diary for the past 7 years. Thus, I feel that I can give you a fairly accurate report of what to expect here. According to my records, October can be a bit mixed..... -2C to 7.7C lowest temp.



23C to 28.5 highest temp.



38 to 155 mm rain ( rainiest was 7 years ago)



14 to 26 days of sun ( sunniest was last year)





Overall, I feel that you have chosen the second best month of the year here, September being the first choice.





Good luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment