Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visiting Paris, Belgium - with 10 yr old Child?

I%26#39;ll look through the posts to see if any answer my questions, but I%26#39;ll be traveling to Europe in March with my mother and 10 yr old son. I would like any recommendations on hotels. We%26#39;ll be in Germany most of the time but want to take a 3 day trip to Paris. Not sure if better to stay in Paris and take a day trip to Belgium or vice-versa. Not sure if this is too much to try to do in 3 days too. Also, any information and/or suggestions on train travel from Germany to Paris and Paris to Brussels, we%26#39;ll be taking the Thalys from what I have gathered online. Finally - my mother is vegetarian (I know I have a lot going on!) any suggestions for places she could eat. She doesn%26#39;t eat any meat or even fish. Thanks!




|||



If you travel with Thalys from Germany to Paris you can stop in Belgium.



However if you have such a short time after the Germany trip, you should go straight to Paris.



Paris (and Belgiun) deserve more than a few hours.



Restaurants:



All restaurants have a fish dish.



If your mom does not eat fish she can pick some salads, pasta or appetizers and she should be fine.




|||



Three days for visiting Paris and Belgium seems awfully short. Even for just Paris, three days is hardly enough to have a good lookaround.





It is possible to go from Paris to Brussels and back (or vice versa) in one day, but that doesn%26#39;t leave much time to see things.




|||



Thanks for the replies so far! I was thinking we don%26#39;t have much time so maybe we%26#39;ll just do Paris. I would love to see Belgium, but I don%26#39;t want to be rushed either! Any suggestions on family friendly hotels, probably don%26#39;t want to spend more than 100 euro per night, would prefer less, but not sure if that%26#39;s available? - I was told to stay in the 1st arondissement from another of my posts, but I%26#39;ve read about twins, quads, etc. and I%26#39;m not sure what they mean. If the beds are twins, we%26#39;ll need three beds, if they%26#39;re doubles, I could sleep with my son in the same bed. Is this possible?




|||



I would book a triple room. We%26#39;re staying in the 5th ar at Hotel Monge, which is in the Latin quarter and by Jardin de Luxembourg which I heard is great for kids his age. I%26#39;ll be bringing my 1 year old daughter. Also, that hotel is very close to various cafe%26#39;s, supermarche, etc... so your mom can find lots to eat.




|||



Me too am visiting Paris with my 10 year old daughter! Heard Gare du nord is not a brilliant area to stay and need to book a hotel very soon for May! Any suggestions useful I had thought of booking somewhere near to the concert we are going to as its residential and have thought it may be quiet and a better area.Also my daughter only wears sporty type clothes would this be ok ?


Cheers Kirsten- UK

No comments:

Post a Comment