Thursday, April 19, 2012

Looking for firm mattresses and decent location

There are countless inquiries on hotels. There are so many to choose from but I am really looking for a mid-price hotel, around $200 dollars a night... good location, ie the Louvre or St. Germain or Latin Quarter.. and I would really like something with a good firm bed (my husband has a bad back and can only sleep on really firm mattresses) and also something where there is not soundproofing problems with the next room. I have already booked with The Brittanique, which gets really good ratings on this site, but I am concerned with the noise from the other rooms. A lot of people comment on this so I am assuming it is a bigger problem than I realized.





Can anyone comment on some hotels that they have stayed in... in regard to the things I am looking for?





Thank you so much!




|||



We are staying at the Hotel Henri IV in the St. Germain area. Don%26#39;t know about the beds but it has excellent reviews and several mention about the rooms being quiet. I, too, need a firm mattress but I am going to have to go buy one this weekend as ours is 16-18 years old and I am paying the chiropractor more every month than the cost of a monthly payment on a new mattress.




|||



The Hôtel Madison, opposite the church of St-Germain-des-Prés, definitely has firm beds. Rooms are very quiet, especially if you get one on the %26quot;courtyard.%26quot; Depending on when you%26#39;re going, you might be able to pick up a discount rate. Otherwise check out the Ste-Beuve, over by the Luxembourg Gardens but still in the sixth.




|||



The Hotel Madison is sold out for our dates, unfortunately.





I have gone ahead and booked Hotel Henri IV- Rive Gauche. The reviews look good, so here is hoping.




|||



Hylasgirl, when are you going? We are not going until June 24. Be sure to post a review of the hotel. If you go before we do, let me know about the beds. Good luck on your trip.




|||



Hy...we stayed in a back room on the 3rd



etage of the Regina hotel. It was not a sumptuous room by any means (except perhaps



for the bathroom) but there was a sitting



area and windows looking down on the private



patio. The bed situation was two twins pushed



together which was wonderful! Firm, firm, firm! And the sheets, etc., were more than



adequate for both beds and no one could %26#39;hog



the covers.! Best sleep I%26#39;ve ever had in Paris....and sooooooooooooooo quiet! We didn%26#39;t have the view of the Eiffel Tower, etc.,that the rest of our party had, but we



had quiet comfort!




|||



Don%26#39;t know if the location would suit but we stayed in the Hilton Arch de Triomphe last summer. The beds were firm and the hotel was very quiet. The hotel is in the 8th Arrod. and in more of a residential/business district but we were very happy with the hotel.




|||



Thanks everyone for your advice. I will check into all of these.




|||



Media mama... you are going before me... let me know what you think of the hotel, would you? I am really anxious to hear about this hotel. We have booked a triple room at this hotel, based on your advise and that of the Trip Advisor... please let me know what you thought of the beds and the noise. I am not talking about street noise, but the noise of others in other rooms. The other hotel that we had booked came highly recommended also, but everyone complained about the soundproofing from one room to the next. I do not need this on vacation. We do a lot of sight-seeing and not a lot of partying... we need our sleep. It will be nice to see what you thought of the hotel. It looks very nice and in a great part of the city.





Thanks again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment