Thursday, March 29, 2012

4 nights in Paris..enough time? and a couple questions

We are going to PAris last week of June for our first wedding aniversary...for the moment I checking prices for 4 nights in PAris and 3 in Disneyland..do you thing I would be able to see most of the things??



Also...is Paris really that expensive in compare to Spain?



about the lenguaje...will english or spanish do it in most of the places, or I better practice my patetic french?





What will you recomend for an expecial (especial not expensive) aniversary night, I have thing of teh dinner cruice...but not sure..



Also they have told me to go for 4 starts hotels and ahead because 3 stars an less are not very nice hotels, is that true?





Uff lots of question I%26#39;ll stop for a moment!



THANK YOU




|||



I don%26#39;t think you need more than one day and night at Disneyland; add the time to your Paris stay, which I think you%26#39;ll find much more interesting and fun.





The dinner cruises are very expensive, and the food isn%26#39;t all that special. Instead, go for an evening cruise and have a good dinner afterwards at a nice restaurant (such as the Bistro de Breteuil, in the 7th).





You don%26#39;t need a 4-star hotel; 3-stars are just fine. Some are just like a 4-star except for not having a restaurant or 24-hour room service.





If you can use just a little French you%26#39;ll find that it smooths the way. If you go into a small shop (or bakery, etc.) be sure to say %26quot;Bonjour, Madame [or Monsieur]%26quot; and then say %26quot;Au revoir%26quot; on the way out. Omitting those phrases is considered rude by the French.




|||



thank you underhill!





I can speak a little french, and I%26#39;m always say hello and good bye when I come into places, so that%26#39;s not big problem...



pity about the dinner cruise, We have one at our honeymoon in new york and it was fantastic...but i guess this one is not the same. I haven%26#39;t have things clear about the hotel...and about the 3 nights in disney...well the first night will be more that just arrive there and sleep, so we will have to full days to see the two parks..and most of the travel agency packets work like that so do it diferent it will cost me more money.



About the money...I already has ask it...but is really paris that expensive?? In compare let%26#39;s say to the states, or spain if you have been here...




|||



Paris is about 15 % more expensive than Madrid or Barcelona.



But something that is outrageously overpriced is Disneyland Paris, where Uncle Scrooge, although the only major Disney character never to appear on parades, reigns supreme. So if %26quot;romantism%26quot; is your thing, you should avoid paying through the nose for two days in that tacky, utterly unromantic, place and invest the saved money in this dinner cruise. But to each his/her own...




|||



yes, that is what everybody has told me that Disneyland is very, very expensive...oh well it%26#39;s once in life! at least till We have kids!!





thanks for aswering, we%26#39;ll fill our pockets on the breakfast buffets!! hahaha





I have hear in another post that parisien don%26#39;t like people in shorts...is that true? what should we wear in end of june?? The most confortable for us are jeans, is that ok, them? one last stupid question, is it true that people from paris laught at you if you doon%26#39;t speak a correct french? because if is so...they will laught a ot with me!!



merci!!




|||



Desdemona, no te preocupes, Paris has been the number one tourist destination in the world for several straight years now, and, guess what, 90 % of the international tourists we get don%26#39;t speak French, so nothing to worry about. As other posters regularly say it on this board, just learn how to use the basics, which you probably already know: %26quot;Bonjour%26quot;, %26quot;merci%26quot;, %26quot;au revoir%26quot;, etc. But never address anyone directly in English, just say %26quot;parlez-vous espagnol/anglais?%26quot; and that%26#39;s it.



On shorts, many threads on this issue, including a recent one.




|||



oh oui, I have read those...but they are not in my month!!! ok, so always ask first in frech...no problem about that, and no problem about greeting I always say hello and goodbye



One kick last question about clothes, will I need a jacket during day? here in spain I know in end of june I won%26#39;t..but will I in Paris? I%26#39;m not worrying about clothes,or looking like a tourist...but i don%26#39;t want to be cold!!My jeans are going to come with me, and my walking callaghan shoes also!



thank you very much bob!




|||



We have found the Parisians to be quite nice about my French--often they reply in English, but sometimes not so I can practice my accent.





Shorts in Paris: no. It%26#39;s a big city, not a resort area or small town. Ladies can wear light summer dresses and men something like khaki pants. If the weather is really scorching, perhaps Bermuda shorts would work.





If the Seine dinner cruise really appeals to you, go for it! I just think it%26#39;s a waste of money when you can see the river just as well without the meal. In fact, you could do one day-time and one night-time cruise for the best of all worlds.





Leave your jeans at home, not because you shouldn%26#39;t wear them for fashion reasons but because they are HOT--and also heavy to tote around.




|||



thank you underhill!!!





I will have you advise in mind...the most dificult will be the jeans...mmm, I%26#39;m not planing buying a lot...so I don%26#39;t mind carrying them on my suitcase...and about the hot..I even wear them in agoust in spain...



I don%26#39;t think i can find a lite summer dress on my wardrove, you see I%26#39;m 26 and I%26#39;m alway in jeans, tee shirts, and swetter...even at work...I have some nice clothes for especial occasions, of course, but I don%26#39;t like much skirts for walikin and walikin and walking...




|||



Desdemona,



Wear your jeans if that%26#39;s what you are comfortable with. Shorten the Disneyland stay unless that%26#39;s what you really want to do. Paris is much more expensive than Spain.




|||



thanks beebee!!!!





will I need a jacket during the day or night?

No comments:

Post a Comment