Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Customs question - French domestic flights

I%26#39;ll be travelling to France next week from the UK via Eurostar. When I get to Paris, I%26#39;ll be going to CDG and flying to Brest. Does anyone know if flights internal to France have customs and passport control or will that be over when I get off the train?




|||



That will even be over once you bordered the train.




|||



Kasthor, thanks for the reply. It%26#39;s been a while since I took the Eurostar. So I go through French customs at Waterloo, then nothing at Gare du Nord or CDG?




|||



They do have %26quot;random%26quot; checks by plain-clothes customs/police officers when international trains arrive in Paris - but most people will not even notice them.




|||



In waterloo you go through the security check then French customs and then you have no official controls anymore.



In Gare du Nord there are indeed random controls but very very rarely on Eurostar passengers. Most of these controls take place on Thalys platforms for trains coming from Brussels/Amsterdam.




|||



Excellent! Thanks for answering my silly question.




|||



It is obviously too late to change, but did you know that Ryanair fly from Luton to Brest, for one euro (plus tax of course)? Otherwise BE fly to BES out of Southampton, Exeter, and Birmingham.




|||



But then I wouldn%26#39;t get a weekend in Paris would I?




|||



Actually, I did check on the Exeter-Brest flight and the BE website said that service would start on 26 March which was about 2 weeks to late for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment