Tuesday, March 27, 2012

auto route europe 2006 for Paris

Has anybody used autoroute europe for driving in and around Paris. I am planning to use it with my laptop, when I rent a car fr downtown Paris, to drive to a town outside Paris, and then for taking short trips from there. Also if I buy the street and trips map software with a GPS locator, will the same GPS will work with the Auto route Europe (since its also a microsoft product)?




|||



Anybody used Autoroute europe?




|||



Err... I think a good ol%26#39; paper Michelin map (or several of them) would work just as well for a fraction of the cost...




|||



Hi,





I agree with Bob.





For getting around Paris, ie, other towns and villages on the main roads GPS will be a help if you are not used to driving in France.





In Paris itself, forget it!





There are so many unexpected diversions, closures, unpredictable parking situations!, that GPS can be just about pointless at times,



(particulaly switched to %26quot;shortest route%26quot; to avoid a crowded autoroute, and towing a caravan!- now that was a driving experience!!!!)





Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment