Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dress Code - Le Grand Vefour

Hi, I am going to lunch at Le Grand vefour next week and I%26#39;m wondering if I HAVE to wear a tie. I will be wearing a smart jacket and trousers, but I really would prefer not to have to wear a tie on my holidays. However, I would not like to be the odd one out in the restaurant, nor disrespect the standards of LGV. thank you.



ps How do I pronounce Vefour.. is it VAY-FOOR, or VEH-FOOR, or something else?




|||



VAY-FOOR is more like it.



People dress very nicely there which is expected in such a special place. Not sure about tie. If you MUST have one they should have said something when you made the reservation. We go for lunch and tie is not needed then.




|||



When we went it was mostly the expense report crowd, ie men in business suits and ties. I think that you%26#39;d be fine without one, though.




|||



NO...there is no requirement that gentlemen MUST wear ties (more%26#39;s the pity) but no gentleman will ever feel the slightest bit overdressed or out-of-place wearing one at one of the world%26#39;s most prestigious %26#39;..temple de cuisine..%26#39;.




|||



It%26#39;s vay-foor.





Please try to wear a tie! It%26#39;s a compliment to the restaurant and your fellow diners.




|||



When I dined at Le Grand Vefour recently, one of my friends was wearing a stylish dark sweater. The restaurant gave him a jacket to wear over his sweater, but did not require him to put on a tie. But jackets for men are required.

No comments:

Post a Comment