Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'll be in Paris Next Week

Any suggestions of places to go for young single female who just got dumped. I%26#39;ll be staying in the Latin Quarter and will be there for a week.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Any suggestions of places to go for young single female who just got dumped%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Any dam place YOU like...Any dam time YOU like...for as little or as long as YOU like.





Funny thing is that guys STILL think that museums are great places to meet single women...so if you%26#39;ve a mind to...indulge them...and help to keep the myth alive.




|||



Two words: Retail therapy




|||



You%26#39;re the one coming to Paris, not him. End of therapy.




|||



Thanks, but I was thinking of more local key spots, perhaps somewhere quite where I can finish my dissertation, yet enjoy the scene. I figure the Latin Quarter with the University would be ideal. I would like to find a nice cafe where it isn%26#39;t touristy.




|||



Lucky you!





You will have infinitely many more %26quot;opportunities%26quot; being single (and solo?) in Paris than you would had you brought (ex)boyfriend along.





Personally I would never want to bring a man with me to Paris, not when the Frenchmen are so ...well you%26#39;ll see.





Bon voyage!




|||



Okay, so here%26#39;s a serious answer to your question.


For writing up a thesis, lots of places (not always the ones you%26#39;d assume, though) have wifi, but...


I would stroll on Boulevard Montparnasse and pop into some of the cafes there--mainly locals dropping by for a drink between activities or a bite to eat. You can set yourself up in a booth and write while people-watching, and they%26#39;re really cool about letting you take up a table while slooooowly enjoying a beverage. I hate the places that make you feel like you%26#39;re mainlining caffeine just to sit there.


I%26#39;m not too fond of the Latin Quarter, but many people are.




|||



I don%26#39;t know about you, but personally I would be totally unable to finish a dissertation whilst %26quot;watching the scene%26quot;, the latter inevitably destroying my attempts at the former... If I were in your shoes, I would get away with the dissertation issue ASAP,to focus on the real things in life: hanging around in cafés, pretending not to see the guy who is looking at you, etc. This working session would include spending an afternoon or two at the Bibliothèque nationale de France in the 13th. You pay something like €3 for a day access (open to anyone) and can work in this, IMHO, stunning piece of architecture. More info on www.bnf.fr




|||



There is much more to %26#39;writing a thesis%26#39; than %26#39;writing.%26#39; I%26#39;ve used this as an excuse (truly intending to write, of course) to hang out in cafes all day on many occasions. If you spend the time at a library and don%26#39;t get anything done, you may feel that you%26#39;ve %26#39;wasted%26#39; a day, whereas, if you spend the day at a cafe and don%26#39;t get anything done, well, at least you were entertained by people watching, enjoyed a tasty beverage or two, and can up and leave anytime you want a change of scenery.




|||



I concur with foolishtraveller, I tend to do the same in the States regarding writing. Better to be unproductive at a cafe as opposed to being in a library. Looking forward to Paris next week, the culture, writing, and meeting great people. Thank you for all the tips! You guys ROCK!




|||



Trust me...I%26#39;ve been %26#39;...unproductive...%26#39; in any number of places in Paris---café tables, one of Paris magnificent library reading rooms, stretched out up between two chair in the Luxembourg, on a bench along a Left Bank quai, on a hotel room balcony....the possibilities for %26#39;..un-productivity..%26#39; in Paris are endless...And best of all, when you tell them where you were %26#39;un-productive%26#39;; no one will blame you....they may even marvel that you even remembered that you had an assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment