Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cheap Madeline!

Hello!





I am looking for travelers and/or locals who have had lunch in the basement of Eglise Madeline.





It was my great fortune to have heard about this tradition via the trip advisor website, and here’s the thing.





I am writing a feature article on this lunch for school and I would love to hear your funny story, your experience, what you ate….





My lunch there was a priceless experience, terrified to be pegged as a tourist; my limited Canadian French failed me when I ended up with Liver as my main course!





No offence to those who enjoy Liver! But blegh! You see the other choice that day was lasagna. About as un-French as you can get, of course I was far too proud to admit my limited language capabilities, and well… you know the rest!





Thanks and happy adventuring!




|||



We%26#39;re hoping to have this lunch in May. Can%26#39;t help you with your article, but I%26#39;d love to hear more about your experience. Do you think one must have a pretty good grasp of the French language in order to not end up with liver...yuch!




|||



I can tell you that things move very quickly in there. I could have questioned the lady about the lunch choices, although I suspect her English would have been as good as my French, and rightfully so!





You will have a choice so pick the one your sure of. I think there was also a small menu posted somewhere.





And I just noticed that it is MadelEine....darn spell check!




|||



Thanks, Lokhi! Good luck with your article! I%26#39;m a writer, so I know what you%26#39;re up against. Getting people%26#39;s funny experiences will help your article quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment