Thursday, March 29, 2012

credit cards

I was reading the topic a few days ago about how it was rude to hand money to a waiter, sales clerk, etc. Does that apply to credit cards too? Should they be placed on the counter/table?





Thank you.




|||



Umm you know, I dont think there%26#39;s a strict rule on any of this. Waving a bill to get the attention of a waiter would be rude. However if I ask for the check and when they arrive I have the money ready I will hand it to them. Otherwise I place it in the little change tray until they come by. Same with credit cards. When I purchase things in a store or bakery I tend to put change down but hand them a bill. You can sort of follow their lead also.




|||



Follow Morgan%26#39;s advice. The world won%26#39;t end if you make a little mistake with the money. If the clerk/waiter seems reluctant to take it from your hand, then just lay it down on the counter and don%26#39;t worry about it. This is one of the lesser social faux pas!





Hi, Morgan ;) Any word about a future on the Cote d%26#39;Azur?




|||



Okay, thank you. I am going to Paris for the first time this September and I am soooo looking forward to it. I want to do it right.



AKat




|||



OK, you%26#39;ve got lots of time to obsess about more important stuff----what to wear, where to eat, what to buy, how to get around, how to cozy up to the ticket agents at Dulles to get your extra-heavy luggage checked through without an additional fee,..... Enjoy your planning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment