Thursday, March 29, 2012

Geneva to Chamonix Transfer Options

I am travelling from the Uk to Geneva airport in June. Myself and my partner are then staying in Chamonix for 7 days. I have looked at all the transfer options:- bus, train, private transfer and hire car. The hire car looks the best option, but will it be any use while in Chamonix? We are planning to walk most days in Chamonix, but I wonder whether it would be useful to have the car to explore further. Anyone been there before and have any thoughts or tips for me?




|||



I would hire a car. If the weather is wet, and can very well be, you might want to take a trip to Martigny, Courmayer or somewhere. A car is ideal for this.



Also a lot of the wlaks do not start from Chamonix or are not lift connected it is a lot more convinient to take your car to a start point.



For example if you want to go swimming there is a beautiful lake near Sallanches they charge a few pounds for the day. You would need a car to get to this.




|||



Agree w previous. Having a car is good to reach various walking areas, e.g. upvalley around Argentiere or Vallorcine.

No comments:

Post a Comment