Thursday, March 29, 2012

Looking for a 'hip, funky hotel in Paris not too expensive

Hi,


I am a single American woman travelling alone and looking for a funky or hip or arty type hotel in Paris which is in a good location to shop and sightsee and not too expensive. (around 100 Euros a night would be great) Obviously since I%26#39;m travelling alone safety is also a concern. I%26#39;m only in town for a few days and taking the Eurostar from London. Any help appreciated! Thanks!




|||



Hotel de Nesle



www.hoteldenesleparis.com





Hotel St Andre des Arts



france-hotel-guide.com/h75006saintandredesar…





Hotel Mayet



www.mayet.com




|||



For the arty one:



Hotel Chopin** (66-74€).





http://www.hotelchopin.fr




|||



All three of the above are great choices...though if you select the CHOPIN (a great little 2-star within the Passage Jouffroy) spring for the better rooms on the upper floors (4th %26amp; 5th) so you have something to look at out of your window besides the walls of the surrounding buildings. I can%26#39;t for the life of me remember the name of the place (it was diagonally across the Blvd Montmartre from the Passage Jouffroy) but I%26#39;ve had the BEST onion soup I%26#39;ve ever had in my life in this litle café...and it%26#39;s usually been July or August that I%26#39;ve had it...it was THAT good.





Of the three, the de Nesle and Saint André des Arts will have the better, more convenient location.

No comments:

Post a Comment