Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Travel from Germany to Paris - How-to?

Hi - This will be my first time in Germany and in Paris - visiting relatives in Germany, but taking a 2-day side-trip to Paris. I%26#39;ve been looking at the DB (German rail) site and the Thalys site and I%26#39;m thoroughly confused. I%26#39;m not sure what%26#39;s the best way to get to Paris. My relatives live in a small town about 1.5 hour drive from Frankfurt (largest city near them). Is there a connection from Frankfurt to Paris? Should I book tix ahead of time (I can have my relatives do it or have tix sent to them) or should I just buy as I go. Any assistance would be appreciated! I will also post this on the Germany forum! Thanks!




|||



So far, Frankfurt and Paris are linked by a rather long 6 hour train ride. Booking ahead will certainly be much cheaper.More info on the Deutsche Bahn website.



That said, if you include a Saturday in your excursion, flying (AF or LH) might not be much more expensive than the train, and you%26#39;ll save some precious time, not to mention going into Frankfurt proper, since your relatives don%26#39;t live there, so the usual argument about the train being downtown to downtown is not really relevant in your case..




|||



Look up this url (it%26#39;s a shortcut to Bahn.de) and see the schedules... I made up a day for an example.



http://tinyurl.com/mlobq




|||



Thanks both! So just to be clear, I could book a train ahead through DB from Frankfurt to Paris, but that would be 6 hours! And including the ride from where I%26#39;m staying to Frankfurt, would be like 8 hours total! Yes, I can see why a flight would be better..I will look into an AF or LF flight. Thanks! And for the other post, I couldn%26#39;t get to the URL. I got an error message...

No comments:

Post a Comment