Saturday, March 24, 2012

Paris addiction

We are preparing for our 8th visit to Paris in the last 54 months.



I only went the first time because my wife thought we should see Paris at least once.



We had such a good time we came back once a year for the next 2 years. But once a year seemed like too long, now we find ourselves going there twice a year.





Luckily, we got all the sites out of the way the first year and we can concentrate on the important things: walking, sipping coffee, people watching, selecting tarts (from the pastry case), quaffing wine, etc.





What is Paris like in March? Our first six visits had very fine weather and we spent almost all our time outdoors at cafes. Our last visit, in November, was much cooler and most places had shifted everyone indoors and we finally paid some attention to interiors. Weather is unpredictable, of course, but what is most probable for next weekend: sipping our coffee outside or inside?




|||



Important things: Don%26#39;t forget shopping ...




|||



Well, just now you could be sitting outdoors, but 30 mn ago the rain was pouring down... So, typical unstable March weather, not very different from what you get in England. Just expect 2 to 5 degrees more.




|||



In our part of town, we were pelted by heavy hail a half hour ago and now it%26#39;s sunny!




|||



Hey, Jack. Just down the road from Gaithersburg, it%26#39;s sunny and warm today. The cherry trees are just getting ready to bloom and the crocuses and daffodils are at full tilt. In Paris it will probably be intermittently rainy and gray. But then again----that%26#39;s Paris and this is just Gaithersburg!! Where would most of us rather be???




|||



But a bad day in Paris is better than a good day in Gaithersburg (or Somerset)!




|||



I%26#39;ll take Paris--rain or shine? Somerset (England, Maryland, Virginia??)




|||



Jack,





What a great post !





It took me 2 years to see all the sites.





The last 3 trips it has been wandering,



watching Paris go by, seeing smaller



things that I missed being too busy,



photographing for my book and,



of course, shopping.





I will miss Paris this year but have



some Parisian-like compensations in



San Francisco to carry me over until



my next visit.




|||



I was talking to a freind yesterday. She is leaving for Paris in 2 weeks. When we talked about the weather we both agreed %26quot;Who Cares about the weather when you are in Paris%26quot;?



this from 2 southern Ca. girls. I was there in Novemeber and it was freezing and even snowed. I still loved being there. Guess I%26#39;m a true paris Addict.




|||



Make sure you bring an umbrella!




|||



I care about the weather! If I can go and have a pretty good chance of great weather as opposed to it being cold and rainy, I want the good weather. Yes, I know that Paris is unpredictable, but there are a few things you can pretty much figure out. In the winter, it will be cold. We go late spring and/or early summer, and the weather has always been wonderful. Now, if someone gave me a chance to go in the cold and rainy season, I would absolutely take it, but when I have my choice, I%26#39;m going when I have the best possibility of great weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment