Thursday, March 29, 2012

Train Seating?

I%26#39;m trying to book transport between Paris and Caen by train. I haven%26#39;t been able to find a seating chart. Do the trains have 3 seats on each side of the aisle? I can%26#39;t seem to get 3 seat together. The numbers will be 11 middle, 13 middle and 17 middle. It is a short ride of only 1 hour 45 minutes but we would like to sit together. Is there a trick or do you just take what ever shows up?





Thanks




|||



Train does not have 3 seats together but 2 and 2 facing each other in the middle or at the end of the car. It also depends on the train but I have never seen 3 together side by side unless 1 is on the other side of the aisle.




|||



Thanks la photographe. I should have also mentioned that I couldn%26#39;t seem to reserve 2 seats together. I didn%26#39;t think I had ever seen a train with 3 seats abreast, but the numbering was confusing to me. As I said before it is a short distance so we will take our chances with the seating arrangement.




|||



Good luck maryru! I%26#39;m here in Jacksonville, right around the corner from you. We%26#39;ll be back in Paris in May!




|||



No one books seats on trains from Paris to Caen, except on Friday nights or big holiday departures. These trains are frequent, there is plenty of seating space, don%26#39;t bother to book. Just arrive at Saint Lazare 15 mn ahead of scheduled departure and board the train.




|||



Thanks, vickisfloyd , nice to see a local %26quot;face%26quot; around! May is just around the corner, you%26#39;ll be in Paris before you know it. I wish I was going to see more than airports and train stations in Paris.




|||



Hi maryru...You%26#39;ll have a great time in Caen. We%26#39;ve never been, but heard great things. You can come back to Paris...it%26#39;s not going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment