Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Altitude 95

I just called this restaurant to make a reservation for March. They were so rude . I mean I have never been treated so poorly. Is this the norm. I read mixed reviews but wanted to give it a shot. I am rethinking my choice . Can anyone suggest a reasonable restaurant with eiffel tower view that would be suitable for a group of 5 adults and 2 children. I have been to Paris before and have never encountered such rudeness.




|||



Wow, I%26#39;d love to thear the details.



For an Eiffel Tower view there is a collection of Bistros at the Trocadero, across the Seine from the ET.




|||



Well I called and asked in my broken french if she spoke english and she said Of course. Then I proceeded to request a reservation for 5 adults and 2 children for dinner at 7pm with a Trocadero view. She asked me my Name I gave it I was aked again 5 times to spell it . Then she aked for the phone # of our hotel . I proceeded to give her the Name and Phone number and she asked me to hurry up . Then I gave the phone number after waiting for her to finish her conversation with what I will assume was a colleague in spanish. I interrupteded to ensure she had all of my information and she said . Lady can you call back at another time I am very busy and she hung up.....




|||



WOW! I just booked this restaurant myself 3 dayw ago.The woman was a bit curt but still polite .I speak French fluently so maybe this is why I fared better than you. Regardless I would not go if I was treated that rudely. Spend your Euros on someone who values you as a customer.



We have also booked Le Violon d%26#39;Ingres which is near the Eiffel Tower but it doesn%26#39;t have a view. When I booked this restaurant by e-mail I received a very warm and welcoming response from Mrs. Constant (chef%26#39;s wife) in English. I was worried re:choices for our children and she described a couple of dishes that they could prepare for our children that were simple. She went out of her way to make me feel like they would love to have us at their restaurant. There are several reviews of this restaurant on the forum.



Don%26#39;t let this person ruin your view of Parisians. As in every part of the world there are always a few bad apples but most people are great!



Gail




|||



Well when i called to make resevations i ask the women if she spoke english my french is ok but not great...She was very polite to me so mabe you got someone on a off nite...When we went to dinner there also @ 7pm and overlooking Trocadero Square all the staff were very polite and profesional...Waiter was %26quot;great%26quot; gave him 15 Euro tip he was so good...





I would still go, the view is awsome @ night and food was ok by us... Try the seafood platter if you like seafood...







Safe Travels....Jimmy




|||



Le Violon d%26#39;Ingres has excellent food, but I don%26#39;t believe the two restaurants are within the same budget. They certainly are not within the same culinary sphere.



We took the girls to Cafe de l%26#39;Homme and they enjoyed the evening trendously. The food is trendy, but good and the view of the ET sans pareil. Didn%26#39;t recommend it early because the budget is not the same, but you can check it out on line. The portions are HUGE so we would have enjoyed the meal more if we had shared a bit more.




|||



I went to the website for cafe del Homme.Is it o.k to take well behaved 8 year olds? I was not so sure, so I was a little reluctant. But it looked very nice from the web site. Do I need to make reservations for a 7pm seating on Saturday night for 7 people. Probably? Do you think I will be able to find a simple dish for the children.




|||



For Saturday night, especially for 7 people a reservation is an absolute must.





You can read the whole menu on the web page (in English):



lecafedelhomme.com/2%20Carte%20Menu/Menus/ca…




|||



PS: The place may be kind of empty at 7 PM, but will definitely fill up by 8 PM and later, especially on a Saturday.




|||



What about the kids yes or no




|||



They don%26#39;t seem to have a special children%26#39;s menu. You most likely will have to choose from the menu for adults. But there%26#39;s pasta under the main courses and that may be fine, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment