Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How to dress?

One more quick question.What to wear clothing wise so as not to stick out like a sore thumb.We have heard jeans and tennis shoes are unacceptable.Is this true?What kind of weather are we expecting for this time?




|||



Lots of posts on this, basically it comes down to, nice jeans are fine( but not a a nice restaurant) and running shoes are acceptable if they are stylish( like Pumas) and not glaring white tennis shoes.



Nice jeans with decent shoes and a nice jacket or blouse and you will look fine.




|||



Parisians wear jeans all the time. It%26#39;s not a problem. And Joan is right (she usually is!). Tennis shoes/sneakers are fine, but more the athletic type rather than the %26#39;cheerleader%26#39; type. I tend to wear long sleeved t-shirts or turtlenecks, jeans or comfortable pants and a jacket that you can take off if you get warm. In addition to tennis shoes, invest in a really good pair of leather walking shoes. You%26#39;ll be glad you did. Have a wonderful trip! But beware...you%26#39;re going to fall in love with Paris and will pine away until you can return.




|||



During the day I wear a short or longsleeve



shirt with jeans and well broken in supportive



shoes.





Going out to dinner it%26#39;s boots, slacks,



a dressy shirt and jacket.





I forgot how to tie a tie many years ago !




|||



Randy, I am so disappointed in you. Your homework assignment for tomorrow is to find a tie and relearn that windsor knot!!!! You never know when you%26#39;ll need a tie, and for you, sir, a clip on will just not do.




|||



Vicki,





Thanks for your insightful reply.





After 37 years as a professional



photographer, required to wear



a tie most of the time (windsor knot



was the only way to go), I retired



my ties a litle ahead of retiring



myself.





Hope you are not TOO disappointed !





Randy




|||



Well, being married to a photographer, I guess I can understand. He usually doesn%26#39;t wear a tie anymore either, opting instead for a collarless shirt and jacket or else the %26#39;ultra cool%26#39; (he thinks) nice material t-shirt and jacket...He thinks maybe he used to be Don Johnson on Miami Vice? I do love to see a man dressed up, though!




|||



elawer147





I don%26#39;t take jeans on an overseas trip for two reasons -



1- the take forever to dry, if I need to wash them, and 2- they don%26#39;t do double duty - I can wear them during the day for museums etc. - but not to a good restaurant in the evening.





If you want me to wear a skirt or dress, you%26#39;ll have to hold a gun to my head - I wear slacks and on a European trip I carry two pairs of black slacks that dry quickly (I find microfibre to be good) - one pair nicely tailored - and I wear that pair to the snazzy places - a short sleeved white tee with a nice neckline and a black cashmere cardigan and a string of pearls or whatever, and I%26#39;m good to go almost anywhere.





I take two pairs of comfortable shoes - a pr of sneakers and a pr of %26quot;walking shoes%26quot; both black, and black cotton socks to wear under them, and I%26#39;m cool. People take less notice of your shoes if they%26#39;re black, and black socks also help to reduce attention to your feet.




|||



Vicki,





Has your husband seen your %26quot;ultra cool%26quot;



(he thinks) remark ?





It is still winter and you may be skating



on thin ice (I left Ft Lauderdale two weeks



ago and it was 30 degrees).





Things may get real cold around your house



if you keep this up !





Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment