Tuesday, April 24, 2012

lunch near the Louvre

We%26#39;re looking for good quality French food. Friendly employees and charming decor would be great, but not necessary. What do you recommend for lunch near the Louvre for 20 euros or less? I promise to post a trip report including the restaurants I try when I return home. Thanks




|||



How about Cafe Marly?...It%26#39;s right there at the Louvre...don%26#39;t know what it costs..not cheap but not expensive..not gourmet but not really bad either...I had some great ice tea when I was there and an acceptable club sandwich...



Cafe Ruc near Place Andre Malraux another possibility...




|||



Hi Nosara





Yes you can have a quick lunch at Cafe Marly... but if you seek good quality French food, you%26#39;d better get out of the Museum and its integrated shopping arcade (Carousel du Louvre).





One good address: leave the museum through the Rue de Rivoli exit and go all the way through Jardins du Palais Royal, a refreshing 5-10 min walk. You will reach Passage du Beaujolais where you can enjoy an excellent Corsican lunch at less than 20 euros at A Casaluna restaurant. You can visit their website: www.acasaluna.com





Enjoy your stay in Paris!




|||



Funny this post should pop up now. I have next to me on my desk a clipping from last week%26#39;s Le Figaro mag. raving about a seafood place called La Tour de Monthlery, 5 rue des Prouvaires 01 42 36 21 82. It looks like a real neighborhood type bistro, red check table clothes and all. You%26#39;ll have to ask about the prices when you call to reserve, though, as they don%26#39;t mention them in the article.




|||



I like rhe restaurant Le Grand Louvre (only formal restaurant inside Louvre. I also enjoy cafe Marly if you can sit outside in the heated area. If you go to Palais Royal there are a few restaurants there and as you exit on the North side there is Maceo on rue des Petits Champs or le Grand Colbert at Galerie Vivienne. In the Galerie Vivienne I also like A priori the, a tea roam with a good lunch.




|||



Thank you to all who replied with suggestions. You%26#39;ve increased my options for dining out. The menu for the Corsican restaurant includes quite a bit of food vocabulary that must be for typical Corsican dishes. Dining there may be an experiment since I can%26#39;t figure out some of the food items!




|||



For a glossary of cooking terms, try Patricia Wells: www.patriciawells.com/glossary/atoz/atoz.htm





For a nice lunch resto near the Louvre, try going through the Palais Royal garden as a previous poster suggested and find Prior a The%26#39; in Galleries Viviennes




|||



I, too, was looking for a nice lunch near the Louvre for a trip later this month. I hate to be the tactless American tourist, but do most restaurants in this price range that are worth going to, have menus printed only in French? My French is not much beyond the most basics. I can speak fluent Spanish, will this help?




|||



I%26#39;d either go to Le Daupin, Rue Saint-Honoré 167, 1st arr. or then to L%26#39;Ardoise, Rue du Mont-Thabor 28, 1st arr. as well.



However, I%26#39;d count with some 30€, but it will be worth it.




|||



Nosara



Don%26#39;t worry about the menu of the Corsican restaurant on the website. The print version is trilingual (Corsican/French/English). Very friendly staff will anyway be ready to help.




|||



im going to paris on march 20 i live in america,new york im taking my 13 yearold daughter we are staying in westin paris can someone tell me where to go what to do and how much money i shoukd bring we are staying until the 28





thank you


cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment