Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Versaille/Paris Luggage/Travel issue

I am thinking of driving to Versaille on a Sunday from Loire region. Drop off the rental car, check out the scene and then train it back to Paris. Are there car rental offices there, open on sunday?( dont%26#39; trust websites, as I have seen a booking where i have chosen hours which it says are open then the reservation says not available at that time). Also, what to do with my luggage as I tour Versaille? I will have large suitcases. Is it common in most cities for their to be lockers that accomodate large items?



Anyeone with knowledge, I would appreciate your input.




|||



Versailles ought to have car rental offices open on Sunday. It%26#39;s a big business center (ie GE in Buc). How about phoning to verify?



Well-traffic%26#39;d French trainstations like Versailles%26#39; had good supplies of good sized lockers at least as late as the fall of 2000. I haven%26#39;t checked since then and whether post 9-11 security enhancements have changed that situation at all.




|||



You can book a car through RailEurope, where you can see which agencies are open which days, etc. I always go through Avis while in France.





Les




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;, what to do with my luggage as I tour Versaille? I will have large suitcases. Is it common in most cities for their to be lockers that accomodate large items?%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





To the best of my knowledge that are NO Left Luggage facilities at or around Chateau de Versailles...nor at any of the SNCF train stations serving Versailles (Chantiers, Rive Droit, Rive Gauche).





But to double check, you might try contacting the Office de Tourisme de Versailles--



www.versailles-tourisme.com/index_a.html




|||



Why don%26#39;t you drive back to Paris and keep luggage in car? Versailles as most public places these days, does not have luggage facilities for security reasons.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Why don%26#39;t you drive back to Paris and keep luggage in car?





Or at least keep the car until your ready to get on the RER so you can keep your luggage in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment