Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First trip to Paris, female by myself, 3 days in April

Hi,


I%26quot;m travelling by myself and will be spedning 3 days in Paris alone. I think I will be booking at Garden Hotel. I%26#39;m not sure how easy it is to get around but could someone provide some guidance on what to do, what to watch for, where not to stay late night etc. I%26#39;d like to come home alive and unharmed :)




|||



I%26#39;m not an expert (less than 20 posts!), but you may have better response to your post if you firstly search the Paris forum for ideas--first trip, first time, suggested itinerary, etc.--I%26#39;ve not been hanging around in this forum all that long, but yours seems to be a very common question. Also, you%26#39;ll do better if you have some more specific information regarding your interests, likes, dislikes, etc., as this will help people come up with ideas for you.





Hubby and I are looking forward to our first trip to Paris in May, so I%26#39;ve not been there yet, but from what I can tell, your biggest safety concern in Paris will be pickpockets--keep bags, etc close to you, stay aware of your surroundings, keep passport and other valuables as secure as possible on your person. Also, apparently, French men like to flirt (there%26#39;s a recent thread on here about that), and you have to be firm in your discouragement of unwanted advances. Otherwise, everything I%26#39;ve read thus far indicates that Paris is an exceptionally safe city, even for a woman or women travling alone.




|||



Most places in Paris will allow you to go home safe and unharmed. Areas that look so-so during the day are better avoided at night but they are not in central Paris.



I do not know where Garden hotel is plus I have not heard of it.



If you give more info you can then be better assisted.




|||



Hi,





Could it be the Timhotel Jardin Des Plantes



5 Rue Linne, in the 5th.





We have had friends stay there.





There are reviews on TA plus other hotels containing %26quot;jardin%26quot;





Best wishes




|||



PrincessS, I can tell you that I traveled to Paris alone last fall and had a great time. Being alone forced me to meet people (which I did). And it allowed me to do whatever I wanted -- including staying out all night, sleeping late, wandering through neighorhoods, hanging out at cafes (I brought a notebook to write in so I didn%26#39;t feel so awkward being alone).





You can certainly do all the sites by yourself -- the Louvre, la Tour Eiffel, St-Chapelle, Notre-Dame, etc. And I would definitely recommend a walk through the Marais neighborhood (lots of shops and restaurants). As far as going out at night, the Latin Quarter is safe and fun, albeit touristy and expensive. If you%26#39;re staying in that area, you should be very safe as long as you stick to the main streets at night.





Have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment