Wednesday, April 25, 2012

romantic stay in paris

I need some advice please, I am visiting Paris in May for the first time, and I am looking for advice on hotels and what part of the city to stay in , we will be there for three wonderful nights, I want somewhere romantic and charming, close to some excellent (moderately priced) trendy little restaurants and cosy cafes. We both love food, and want to experience beautiful shops and boutiques as well. I would really appreciate any advice that is given, thank you in advance.




|||



First time in Paris? I would choose an area near the Eiffel Tower and have a room which has a grand view of the tower so you can enjoy the sparkling tower during the evenings. I find the Eiffel quite romantic. Go for long walks along the Seine, that%26#39;s quite romantic. Boat rides on the Seine River at nights is romantic.




|||



I know what you mean Kerryblue. I%26#39;m going through the same thing trying to plan for our first trip to Paris in May. I%26#39;ve spent the last two weeks looking daily online at different hotels, reading reviews, checking ratings, etc.I%26#39;m driving myself nuts trying to find the perfect place that%26#39;s within our means. So I don%26#39;t have any advice, just wanted to commisurate about the stress of planning the trip. At first I thought it would be so great and easy to find a place because of the internet. Now I find that it makes it even harder to pick a place.I%26#39;m thinking I miss the good old days when people could just pick up the phone, call a travel agent, and have THEM arrange everything!Know what I mean??! Anyways, I just logged on to your post hoping to see some advice for myself! Hope you find what you%26#39;re looking for. I know I%26#39;ll be greatly relieved when I finally do!





|||



Le Relais Christine gets my vote as one of the most romantic hotels in the city and the neighborhood (St Germain) is this forum%26#39;s fave.



The ET is magnificent, but the neighborhood around there does not have the village-y feel that you seem to be after.




|||



Firstly, thank you all very much for taking the time to reply to my post, It is nice to know that there are people willing to help others in the search for a perfect and peaceful vacation.



%26quot;Rendezvousinparis%26quot;, your advice is exactly what i am after, going for long walks and taking boat rides along the seine, it seems too good to be true, thank you for your advice.



6Boys4me: hopefully you will get some ideas from the postings that i have received, it seems that finding the perfect short holiday in Paris can be stressful,especially when we know very little about this beautiful city. I%26#39;m sure you can%26#39;t wait to explore it also.





Also Phead, thank you very much for your recommendation. I have searched the St Germain area and this area is exactly what I am after, The hotel is also ideal. Thank you all very much , Kerryblue




|||



I%26#39;m not leaving for Paris until later this week, and have never been before. But my husband and I feel like we%26#39;ve found (thanks to these forums) the two most perfect hotels in what sounds to be the best district (the latin). Check out:





paris-hotel-stjacques.com/english/rates.html





abbatial-parishotel.com/English/TheHotel1.ht…





To read further what people have said about these hotels you can read my pervious posts, or search for them and read other travelers reviews as well.




|||



My first four Septembers in Paris I



stayed in the Latin Quarter-5th. Last September



I stayed in the St Germain de Pres-6th.





In terms of restaurants, cafes, beautiful



shops and boutiques the 6th gets my vote.





Good metro service also along Blvd.



St.Germain.




|||



Dine at %26quot;1728%26quot;. You can%26#39;t get much more romantic than that.




|||



Please, please people, eraise this awful word %26quot;perfect%26quot; from your vacation plans: a vacation is just life, slightly better hopefully. So don%26#39;t overdo it. And, you know what, the good old days where you could pick up your phone and call your travel agent are not gone, as far as I know...




|||



Hi Bob,





I was contemplating creating a new thread %26quot;Perfect Paris%26quot;!





Perfection is subjective, and we, as visitors, are constantly seeking out another perfect hotel or restaurant wherever we might be.





What is perfect to one person is not necessarily so for another, but we can point others in directions in the hope that they might have their perfect visit.





At the moment we have found our perfect hotel in Paris, and have several perfect cafes and restaurants, where we have shared a perfect meal, and shared a perfect drink.





Not all these places are top notch, state of the art, michelin recommended.





An Irish bar on Rue de St Andre des Arts watching a France v England Rugby match with some ardent French supporters. Perfect!





Reading the papers over coffee and then lunch at Fouquets on a Saturday. Perfect! (Pot au Feu hopefully)





Being welcolmed at a restaurant, the Bistro Cote Mer as old friends and shown to %26quot;our%26quot; table. Perfect!





Our ideally situated 3 star hotel on the Rue de Seine. Perfect!





Visitors will always seek out perfection, don%26#39;t say that is %26quot;awful%26quot;.





Off to work now. Not so perfect!





Best wishes




|||



Ian, your three star on rue de Seine is indeed very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment