Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mssg for Phread, Bob, Trudaine etc(and anyone else who is...

First of all thank you all a ton for being so helpful. This is the first time I use a forum like this and wow, it has really opened my eyes to the power of the web to make connections. Maybe because I do not have a desk job I do not spend very much time on the internet. I initially started using the India forum, and then I just wanted to ask a few questions on the Paris forum for my upcoming trip and I got a little sidetracked (hooked). I have to say good bye for the time being as I will have to go dive back in to the India Forum because I am going there in April and am super behind on my research.





O.K basically what I wanted to say is that I could not believe so many people would take time out of their busy schedules to help complete strangers. And yes there are many different personalities going on which is what really makes this forum so interesting.



You all are worth your weight in gold. The experts and reapeat posters respond to our endless queries with patience, humor and sometimes a little irreverence (better than any customer service rep I have ever had). I for one will take advice anyway it comes. Heck, you saved me from having to buy an updated Zagat, and trolling through my old magazines) who says there is no such thing as a free lunch! Travelnutty, I have taken your advice to heart and now try to go through the previous posts to find more info. But it is also nice to get the personal responses, and also get the chance to put my dos centavos into the conversation.





It has always been a dream of mine, something which I intend to make a reality in the near future to come to Paris for a month with my two sisters who are both excellent cooks (one is currently writing a cookbook, the other is the chef at our restaurant) rent an apartment with a big kitchen and cook some fabulous meals. When we lived there as students (more than ten years ago) most of our money went to rent (I remember buying everythng at Franprix) we always longed for the day when we would be able to buy everything our heart desired at the fabulous food markets there. So, with that in mind, when we come I promise to post an open invitation to all of you in Paris to come join us for a big Mexican/Bolivian fiesta! The least I could do to thank you.







If anyone wants to drop me a line (rants, raves, questions on topics unrelated to Paris, anyone going to Bolivia or Va Beach soon?) please feel free.





funpetiza AT hotmail.com





P.S Phread, it would be absolutely be no problem to bring you some small bags of chiles. If you live in St. Germain maybe we can meet for a drink at Cafe Flore, I love the kir there, come to think of it I have to go to St.Germain to go to D%26amp;G and La Duree anyway. Tell me if you are going to be around the weekend of the 16th March.





Bob, Have we met before? You have an uncanny resemblance (from the info I surmised from your posts) to someone I met at Sciences Po. I guess you would remember if you had ever met a Bolivian, we don%26#39;t get around the world much!





Un millon de gracias a todos!






|||



Well said petiza. The great benefit of TA forums is that they are truly International(not mainly American as Fodors seems to be) also %26quot;local expert%26quot; opinons are so useful when making travel decisions from the other side of the World.




|||



Could not agree more!! You guys are better than the best concierges! Now if only you could help us get those hard to get reservations.




|||



D%26#39;accord eveyone!Oh,Petiza,, how could be tempt me so?ALways wanted to go to Bolivia!:)




|||



As you said, petiza, I would remember if I had met a Bolivian, it%26#39;s one of the few Latin American countries I don%26#39;t know yet and I am dying to go there. Cuando vas a estar en Paris exactamente? Me encantaria encontrarte, te escribiré directamente en tu Hotmail. Buenas investigaciones para la India!




|||



Tort, You must go to Bolivia it is very beautiful and like no other country. You get all of S.A in one (Amazon, Andes, valleys,) all within an hour flight, the people are nice and the food is great and everything is cheap, how can you go wrong!







Bob, me encantaria conocerte. We are there Mar 16 leaving the 20th. Escribeme.

No comments:

Post a Comment