Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter in Languedoc

I am spending a week in Languedoc over Easter and was wondering if anyone had any particular tips about the area at this time. Do any villages have Ferias (festivals)? Are restaurants etc open over the break ? Thanks in advance.




|||



I%26#39;d love to find the answer to your question. We are arriving approximately 10 days prior to Easter. I do know that in Limoux, there is a wine auction on Palm Sunday - 9 April.



Our previous experience around a religous holiday in France was in Alsace. I searched diligently on the web for weeks before our trip and found nothing. However, as soon as we crossed the border into France, we discovered a grand fete in Wissembourg, complete with a fairly large parade. That was on the Sunday of Pentecost. Interestingly, the next day was a national holiday - go figure. The following weekend, we found that there was a small, unpublicized fete in small village where we were staying.



I%26#39;ve given up hoping discover much about local events in advance. I%26#39;m resigned to discovering them en route.



Good luck!




|||



Hi





it is worth checking out my local site : the-languedoc-page.com/tourism/languedoc-tou…





Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment