Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Le Cafe Maxim's

Hi all I%26#39;ve been meaning to ask...can anyone provide directions to the above cafe? does it even exist? The reason for my question is i%26#39;ve got a tin of their coffee sitting her at home and I well thoroughly enjoy it...





and i%26#39;d like to buy more of it...except i dont know how to get there...





also if anyone could recommend some other good french coffee that%26#39;d be great...





and would anyone venture an opinion on some good vintages of cab sav? or chardonnay? I%26#39;m not really a wine buff but i%26#39;m looking to expand my horizons





=D





Cheers




|||



The Maxim%26#39;s is still there. I suggest you book the visit. It%26#39;s very interesting.





http://www.maxims-de-paris.com




|||



I looked at the website. there is a choice of rooms, as well as some %26quot;shows%26quot;. What do you recommend?





Also, I assume lunch would be much less expensive?





Thanks!




|||



I%26#39;d only visit the museum and save the money for a lunch at Le Grand Véfour instead.



For lunch, I%26#39;d count *at least* with some 100€/pp, but It%26#39;s likely to be more depending on what you drink. Reservation is a must, of course.




|||



For coffee, purchase %26quot;L%26#39;Or%26quot; from any supermarket - that%26#39;s if you like expresso of course.



French wines don%26#39;t go by the new world lines of %26quot;chardonnay%26quot;, %26quot;cabernet%26quot;, etc., but by region and they are more mixed. So you%26#39;ll have plenty of opportunity to %26quot;expand your horizons%26quot; (buying a book beforehand would help, DK%26#39;s one is quite accessible)

No comments:

Post a Comment