Thursday, April 12, 2012

Marais

I want to know as much as possible about Marais...my fiance%26#39;s family has an apartment for us there to use when we move to Paris...I have heard a few things about the area. Just wanted to see what you all thought of it.





Thank you in advance for any info!




|||



OK - start readin%26#39; and lookin%26#39;





www.parismarais.com/





http://www.parislemarais.com/en/home.php




|||



These are great websites...but we are moving there. I really want comments and personal experiences.





Thanks




|||



Travelnutty%26#39;s message may have been that your question pops up almost every week in this forum and everything you need is probably just a search away :)





My personal experience is that you get better replies from people if you show that you have read a little on the subjest first and then form your questions based on what you%26#39;ve learned :)




|||



well i guess the paris forum is not as helpful as some others...





thanks




|||



It%26#39;s always better to do some homework first and then come to forums with very specific questions.





It%26#39;s really hard to answer, when one doesn%26#39;t have a clue what people may wish to hear and read.




|||



I do not mean to be rude...but i did do a search and it is mostly about traveling and hotels. I basically want to know about the safety, type of people (age, personality of the area etc...), if it is good for a young couple late 20%26#39;s. And if it is a nice place to live. I was speaking to some friends from Paris this past weekend. They were telling me some bad things about the area. And i wanted to confirm them. Also I would like to know about market value in property. We will be inheriting this apartment in the future. 3bdrm apartment with a bonus room outside of the actual apartment. No bathtubs or showers yet (but that will change!). I am feeling a little nervous after the comments that were made. hope this clarifies things a bit. i will do a search on this site and try and weed thru the normal travel stuff...




|||



CeeJay will probably be able to help yopu as she bought a magazine over the weekend with the current house prices and such for Paris.





I don%26#39;t know what your friends told you but most people I know would give their right arm to have a place in the Marais. It%26#39;s central, yet not too busy. It%26#39;s in a city but some places remind you more of a small town. When Paris shuts down on a Sunday the Marais opens up and the people control the streets, not the cars.





While some may not agree with me I find it%26#39;s a lot like Greenwich Village in New York City and find it hard to think of a bad thing to say about the area (to a tourist) compared with everything it has to offer.




|||



Tee801,



You may want to have a look at this site (inpat). It%26#39;s everything about moving to Paris. I know do get your point now, but since this is a travel forums, the aspects are a lot different. Staying a few days in a hotel wherever, can%26#39;t be compared to actually live here.



Also and with most areas or arrondissements, they aren%26#39;t exactly the same just all over.





I think, you should also find a forum here.





http://www.inpat.fr/paris/en/




|||



Thanks so much...My friends are very straight forward people...so i will take their comments with a grain of salt. I have never lived in France b4 (they may be trying to play a joke on me who knows :-)





My fiance really doesnt want to move back either...the city tires people fast. We live in Florida it is VERY laid back here. We are very laid back people...but I am up for the change.





We are going to have a test run in June...staying there and visiting with family and the city.




|||



Its a terrible area. I would never live there. Your apartment wont be worth much. I give you $100,000 US for it right now. :)





But seriously, You are only lucky dog getting an apartment in the Marais. Its a youthful / gay / jewish area of the city. It is very central and historic. Lots of restaurants and bars to choose from. It%26#39;s fairly trendy as well. Market value is high in that area. The marais limits are a bit vague and not knowing where your apartment is, its hard to tell you precisely.





Not sure what you could say that is bad about the area. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment